RE: Filter Separation using a NULL?

See below...

Can we be stronger and state MUST NOT instead of SHOULD NOT on the mixture
of NAS-Traffic-Rule and NAS-Filter-Rule?  If we stick with SHOULD NOT, then
what is the expected behavior of the NAS when both appear?

RADIUS packet or RADIUS message?  I thought the right term was message.

>       attribute is present, then implementations of this specification
>      MUST silently discard NAS-Filter-Rule attributes, if present.
>       The String field is one or more octets.  It contains
> filter rules
>       in the IPFilterRule syntax defined in [RFC3588] Section
> 4.3, with
>       filter rules separated by a NULL (0x00).  A robust
> implementation
>       SHOULD support the field as undistinguished octets.

The current wording of "...filter rules separated by a NULL" makes it sound
like multiple rules can be put in within a single NAS-Filter-Id attribute.
Is this the case?  If not, consider instead the wording "filter rules
terminated by a NULL (0x00)" and stating that the start of a new rule should
always use an additional attribute.

MS