RE: Status of draft-yan-radext-port-type-01.txt

I think the specific action item should be for the author of this I-D
(copied on this e-mail) to extract the salient information from the I-D,
and submit a written request to IANA for allocation within the RADIUS
registry, as per the provisions of RFC 3575.  The salient information
would be a precise and concise description of the port types being
requested, such that it will be self-documenting in the RADIUS IANA
registry.

For example:

   NAS-Port-Type Value

   This request is for new values for the RADIUS NAS-Port-Type
   attribute from the RADIUS Types registry
   [<http://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types>], according to
   the allocation policy given in [RFC3575].

   This request is for the following values:

     Value     Description
     TBD     Wireless - IEEE 802.16 [802.16]
     TBD     Wireless - IEEE 802.20 [802.20]
     TBD     Wireless - IEEE 802.22 [802.22]

> It would be very much appreciated if NAS-Port-Type for 802.16 is
> quickly assigned in the RADEXT chairs' recommended way, because IEEE
> 802.21 specification has some dependency on NAS-Port-Type values.
>
> > > What is the status of this I-D?
> > >
> > > I think I-D is important because it defines NAS-Port-Type
> > > for several new wireless technologies including 802.16.
> >
> > I'm still working on the minutes of the RADEXT WG session at
IETF-67,
> > however, the discussion of this document in the meeting can be
> > summarized as follows:
> >
> > -- The proposal to register new code points for the NAS-Port-Type
> > attribute in the RADIUS IANA registry is fine.
> >
> > -- This attribute does not require a published specification.  We
can
> > save the cost of publishing an RFC.
> >
> > -- The recommendation of the WG Chairs was to submit a request to
IANA