RE: Consensus Call on RADEXT WG re-charter

owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org <> scribbled on Monday, April 14, 2008
12:17 PM:

> However, if the WG decides that RADIUS (the application
> protocol) can be transport-agnostic, I see no reason to get hung up
> on "naming rights".

First, the WG would have to _define_ RADIUS "the application protocol",
since it doesn't exist w/o reference to the underlying transport.  Maybe
you have your own reasons for not wanting to change the name, but I do
wish that this charade of claiming "backward compatibility" would come
to an end.  Even the creators of RADSEC have conceded that it's not
RADIUS, why can't you?