RE: [Dime] [AAA-DOCTORS] RADIUS / Diameter compatibilityboilerplate?

Hi Hannes,

I've added RADEXT to the distribution, as well.

I agree, based on your summary of the state of the art of translation
gateways and the other issues you highlight, that the simple Diameter
Considerations text that we've been using, modeled after the assumptions of
the Diameter NAS Application (RFC 4005), is a bit misleading.

If the recommendation turns out to be that there should not be simplistic
RADIUS to Diameter interoperability, then I think there are two follow up
issues:

(1) Guidance on when Diameter clients and servers can and cannot use (or
re-use) RADIUS attributes in the legacy <255 ID space.

(2) A prohibition on Diameter documents defining and new AVPs in the legacy
<255 ID space.

I think there was an assumption that any attributes/AVPs in the legacy ID
space would be interchangeable, is a simple fashion.

Regards,

Dave