From:  <Internet-Drafts@ietf.org>
Date: 2009/3/2
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-radext-status-server-04.txt
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: radiusext@ops.ietf.org

directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

       Title           : Use of Status-Server Packets in the Remote
Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol
       Author(s)       : A. DeKok
       Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-status-server-04.txt
       Pages           : 24
       Date            : 2009-3-2

RFC 2865 defines a Status-Server code for use in RADIUS, but labels
  it as "Experimental" without further discussion.  This document
  describes a practical use for the Status-Server packet code, which is
  to let clients query the status of a RADIUS server.  These queries,
  and responses (if any) enable the client to make more informed
  decisions.  The result is a more stable, and more robust RADIUS
  architecture.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-status-server-04.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/