Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-00.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> 	Title           : NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery for RADIUS over TLS and DTLS
> 	Author(s)       : S. Winter, M. McCauley
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-00.txt

  My $0.02, as suggested in earlier emails:

   The discovery process is always susceptible to bidding down attacks
   if a realm has SRV records for RADIUS/UDP and/or RADIUS/TCP as well
   as for RADIUS/TLS and/or RADIUS/DTLS.

  This discover should be *forbidden* for RADIUS/UDP and RADIUS/TCP.

  The only consumer of this dynamic discovery right now is RadSec.  So
forbidding RADIUS/UDP and RADIUS/TCP from using this method has no
impact on existing systems.