Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-00.txt

Hi,

>   My $0.02, as suggested in earlier emails:

>    The discovery process is always susceptible to bidding down attacks
>    if a realm has SRV records for RADIUS/UDP and/or RADIUS/TCP as well
>    as for RADIUS/TLS and/or RADIUS/DTLS.
>
>   This discover should be *forbidden* for RADIUS/UDP and RADIUS/TCP.
>
>   The only consumer of this dynamic discovery right now is RadSec.  So
> forbidding RADIUS/UDP and RADIUS/TCP from using this method has no
> impact on existing systems.

I agree. I didn't put anything to that effect into the draft because it
got discussion (and IIRC some support) from others in the room last
time. I'm happy to restrict discovery to TLS-based methods (i.e. DTLS
and TLS) if nobody objects.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--