Re: Chargeable-User-Identity

Glen Zorn wrote:
>Alan DeKok wrote:
>>   The design guidelines is opposed to the *gratuitous* use of complex
>> types. ...
>
> I'm unaware of any technical usage for the word "gratuitous";

  The design guidelines document clearly states when complex attributes
are necessary, and when they are not.  The unnecessary use of something
fits the common meaning of the word "gratuitous".

  If you like, we could update the design guidelines document to use the
word "gratuitous".

> it seems most
> useful in the context of a value judgment.  Aside from that, your response
> seems to be (again) utterly disconnected from my assertion.

  You're playing word games, and claiming to not understand things that
have been explained and well understood for years.  If you think this
means I'm avoiding your assertion, fine.

  It seems like you're trying to win a logical argument by re-defining
the words "logic" and "argument".