Re: Draft RADEXT Virtual Interim Minutes

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Bernard Aboba wrote:

Here is a draft of the RADEXT WG Virtual Interim Minutes.

Please take a look at these minutes and add/edit/correct as necessary.

<snip>

Status Server

Alan:  This draft was revised.  An applicability subsection was added.  There were some
terminology changes.

David Nelson:  Does this document just describe what has been deployed, or does it also
describe how Status-Server is used in RADSEC?

Alan:  It is focused on what has been implemented.  The RADSEC document uses Status-Server
as an RFC 3539 Watchdog, but that is covered in the RADSEC document.

Bernard: Status-Server was originally implemented by Ascend in their concentrators.

Alan:  It was subsequently implemented in RADIATOR and FreeRADIUS.

Bernard:  It would be good if we could get some additional reviewers to look at whether
the document accurately describes their implementations.  This isn't a standards-track
document; its job is just to describe what has been implemented.   Do we have any
volunteers:

David Nelson:  I will take a look at it.

In clarification, I will review the document for clarity and coherency, but I'm not an expert on what exactly was implemented in terms of the Status-Server feature, so I won't be able to comment on the accuracy with which the draft reflects deployments.