RE: Draft RADEXT Virtual Interim Minutes

Thanks for volunteering.

As we discussed during the Virtual Interim, a draft focusing on the Broadband Forum IPv6 over PPP needs has the potential to rapidly address the outstanding issues and enable rapid progress.

Subject: RE: Draft RADEXT Virtual Interim Minutes
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:00:18 +0800
From: David.Miles@alcatel-lucent.com
To: wdec@cisco.com; dromasca@avaya.com; bernard_aboba@hotmail.com
CC: radiusext@ops.ietf.org

In the interest of moving forward, I would like to take the crack at this... I noted none of the current authors want to take this work on – I do and I will. I’ll produce a new draft and author it ... if any of the current authors want to be on the draft please let me know – i do not get anything for having my name on a draft

I truly understand Woj’s frustration here but I am here for short term kicks – I really need to get this gap sorted out and I hope those that feel stepped on by my course of action can appreciate that you sometimes need to make sacrifices to get the outcome you need (which here is clearly some new RADIUS AVP types). I promise to be designated beer-guy at all future IETF’s for those authors feeling hard done by :)

-d