Re: Public VoIP ENUM

Paul, I don't know if you like many others block APNIC IP's or how your MTA is setup, ever email I send to you is bounced...

Paul Vixie wrote:
this SOUNDS like a really cool idea.  why hasn't it taken the voip world
by storm?  what's your allocation curve?

Why it hasn't taken the world by storm, let me count the ways...

FreeWorldDialup doesn't want to know about us because they're pushing .tel
Existing Telco's don't want to know about us because they don't like
VOIP in general
New Telco's don't like us because they're trying to build business
models on shaky ground, it's a matter of a decade, maybe less, maybe
more before there isn't a business model in selling minutes between
customers and businesses...

Coupled with the fact the service has been going about 2 weeks I think
we're not doing to badly, but if you want to go and reinvent the wheel
instead of helping us overcome the obsticals, and then go off and have
to face them anyways, go for it :)

What we're trying to do, won't win friends, we're doing it because there
was a need and no one else was for filling the role, and just when we
start to get going ever man and his dog wants to do the same thing...

At the end of the day, those that understand enum will reject it because
it will go against their business models, those that would benefit from
it won't understand it, or fear the privacy implications, or the ITU
starts sending us emails about what we're doing is illegal...

Then again, after dealing with CAcert and trying to get a community run
CA off the ground this isn't new territory for me...

--
Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!