Re: Routing technology survey

John Todd wrote:

I'd like to hear what the current VoIP providers on this list are using to communicate e.164 routes between themselves and other VoIP providers and/or TDM providers.

I am currently using Excel and SMTP. Anyone have a different method actually in production? If so, can you describe in detail how it works?

What I'd like to know is how you accept these numbers from other providers other then in good faith.

So far there is only 2 ways a large number of blocks would be acceptably entered into the e164.org zone, if you were assured and in the CAcert system, which is similar to the PGP web of trust, but official rules on face to face meetings, this gives us a MUCH better paper trail, also would act as a deterrent for those wanting to abuse less restricted systems with only a fax being sent in...

The only other method I can think of that I'd be happy with would be some kind of statement signed by the police that the document presented to them looked authentic, not fool proof but again, again this presents hoops to jump through to reduce abuse...

Other then that I'm at a complete loss at how to accept large chunks of numbers other then in good faith...

--
Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!