Re: VOIP Peering Questions

Alex Bligh wrote:

I say that because TRIP is, as I'm sure you are aware, very similar
to BGP. We have coded BGP stuff before, and would probably code TRIP
stuff if we thought it would be useful. So far I've yet to be convinced
that several hundreds of thousands of lines of code later we'd not be
left with just several hundreds of thousands of lines of code. But it's
quite possible my imagination didn't extend sufficiently far beyond my
near requirements.

My other worry about TRIP is it will end up like fuel pricing, with the prices going up and down like a yo yo because they can then get away with saying well we advertised it, you should have checked the split micro milli second before your call was connected...

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."