e.164/text destination table?

[sent to the isp-clec list earlier, and met with resounding silence. Perhaps someone on this list has such a destination table.]

I have an "open-source" project that I'm working on which would benefit greatly from having a freely (BSD-licensed) available list of route destinations, both in North America as well as in other nations.

I know that CCMI sells this data in what is probably a very nice list (they claim 330,000 route descriptions) but I'm pretty sure that I can't redistribute that. (Note: I'll probably use it internally, unless by some magic it is easier to collect that data elsewhere - they only charge $1k for it.)

I'm looking for something that gives data like that shown below, but for a LARGE number of possible world destinations (hint: I already have 150,000 for the US, so I assume that internationally that there are at least another 150,000 if not more.)

[e.164 country code[prefix...]],[2-letter ISO-3166 country code],[Text description]

where the [Text description] is typically something that describes the destination in a bit more detail, either geographically or commercially.

A few example rows of the table I want to build:

1301561,US,Maryland
44,UK,Proper
213,AG,Proper
21361,AG,Mobile
672,AU,Norfolk Island

Again, I'm looking for a HUGE list of these that really gets down into the city codes of each nation; I already have the standard destination data given by <pick-a-large-carrier's-rate-table-out-of-the-air> but I'm trying to be all-inclusive for a large rate/route tool. I would be distributing this list freely, so again, no copyrighted information (though, the more I think about how someone would copyright such a list, the more angry I am at copyright laws both here in the US and in the EU.)

Anyone have pointers where such a list might be found or created legally and easily?

JT