FW: Recommended reading on Numbering

-----Original Message-----
From: Stastny Richard
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 12:20 PM
To: 'enum-wg@ripe.net'; enum-trial@lists.nic.at
Subject: Recommended reading on Numbering

Hi folks,

Richard Hill pointed recently to a very interesting paper on Numbering:

http://www.satradehub.org/Data/Reports/Global%20numbering%20issues%20review.pdf

The Title is "Numbering Trends: A Gobal Overview" by Claire Milne for
the Regional Center for Southern Africa.

The document analyses many of the current issues on numbering, what the
issues and pit-falls are in setting-up or modifying a numbering plan and
in doing so, it explains very well the terminology and also the
background of existing numbering structures in different countries.

Although VoIP and ENUM issues are excluded, it may serve as excellent
introductory reading in numbering, especially for net-heads currently
trying to set up their own numbering plans on the Internet ;-)

regards
Richard