Re: Fall VON Session on VoIP Peering

Well, few marketing "white papers" include instructions on converting old
PC's running Linux to be open source call server platforms :)

I thought the paper was interesting because the approach is unusual - its
peering via T-1, something we haven't seen in a LONG time.

Now, if a provider like this could get an I2 connection, THAT would be an
interesting way to VoIP peer... (where VoIP peering is the exchange of e.164
routing information, until someone is willing to pony up a better definition
:)

- Dan

On 10/5/04 3:03 PM, "Gregory Hicks" <ghicks@cadence.com> wrote:

>> From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
>> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:53:26 -0700
>> To: "William B. Norton" <wbn@equinix.com>
>> Cc: <sheap@rfidexchange.com>, <voip-peering@psg.com>
>> Subject: RE: Fall VON Session on VoIP Peering
>>
>>> Steve - have you seen a white paper on VOIP Peering in particular?  I'm
>>> curious about the economics, the motivations, the process, etc.
>>
>> translation: please read my shotgun blast and fix it so i can
>> market myself
>
> Randy:
>
> His message did not say "Please read MY paper.."
> He said "Have you seen A paper..."
>
> Besides isn't "peer-review" all about learning and improving things?
>
> Regards,
> Gregory Hicks

> Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
> Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
> 555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
> San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks@cadence.com
>
> I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
> learn a great deal today.
>
> "A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
> lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
> decision." - Benjamin Franklin
>
> "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
> be properly armed." --Alexander Hamilton
>

> --

Daniel Golding
Network and Telecommunications Strategies
Burton Group