Re: Peering Presentation

> In fact, I believe the barrier will become so low that it will not be that
> much different than running an email server. Phone numbers will become
> obsolete. People will phone each other by their unique email address. SIP
> phones will eventually simply grab the SRV record for the SIP server from
> the domain name. The SIP server will track the IP for the destination SIP
> phone or provide voice mail if it is not available.

the incumbents will do everything possible to keep their old
revenue base and to get more revenue in the voip arena.  use
of numeric identifiers, enum, ... gives the kind of control
needed to leverage this through peering-as-a-business.  and
we, as a voip community, are doing nothing effective to break
this.

randy