Re: Monitoring from one place on the globe

At 16:24 29/09/2000 +0200, Simon Leinen wrote:
>So I'm afraid that standard traceroute is not sufficient to perform
>the SUCCESS/FAILURE indication that you have in mind.  Maybe you
>should just ping the anycast address to find out reachability and
>response time.

but then why does it work towards the Brazil one?

A better traceroute script would simply check the last line for a failure
indication (!H, * * * or similar), and assumee success otherwise.
A few minutes needed...

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94