Re: Monitoring from one place on the globe

> Currently, the aroot closest to Norway seems to be in Brazil.

There are a couple of reasons why people prefer(red) the Brazil aroot
over the one in Geneva:

* Our European connectivity provider had a problem with their prefix
  filters which prevented them from accepting the AS4128 announcement
  from us.  That has been fixed as of a few hours before.  However,
  the routes through this connection have quite a few ASes in their
  paths, so the Brazil announcement may look better even in Europe

* We use AS prepends towards the US (to avoid attracting "European"
  traffic on our US links), so in the US you are even more likely to
  see a shorter AS path towards Brazil.

* Some of our other peers may not accept the prefix yet because of
  route filtering and laziness on my part.
--
Simon.