RE: Doubt about waveband Label

Manoj,

Your point is well taken.

As things stand, I cannot see any (obvious) way for an upstream
node to indicate to a downstream node that it requires a waveband
label. The LSP encoding type for the non SDH/SONET case only has
a "lamda" encoding type, which is insufficient to distinguis between
whether a lambda label or a waveband label is desired. Although, one
might use the label set to restrict the choice of wavelengths to
the set desired in the waveband, there still does not appear to
be a way for the upstream node to tell the downstream node that
it is a waveband for which a label is requested.

-Vishal