RE: Please Clarify Doubts regarding RGT & RNC

Vishal,

the problem is the mix of bundle and concatenation information in the RTG. This allows you to request a bundle of non-concatenated signals (e.g. STS-3, VC-4, VC-3) but not a bundle of concatenated signals (e.g. STS-3c, VC-4-4c, VC-4-16v). This is strange as a VC-4 and a VC-4-4c are not different from a network point of view, except for the bandwidth and a VC-4 is the same as a STS-3c-SPE. If bundling is introduced it should apply to all signal types.
The concatenation information should therefore be part of the signal type as proposed in draft-lin-ccamp-ipo-common-label-request-01.txt. Bundling is needed it is indicated by an RNC>1. The case of virtual concatenation and what bundling means needs some further discussion. See the emails on "SDH/SONET concatenation signal types".

Regards

Juergen