RE: Tunnel trace

Philip,

Thanks for your comments. Response inline...

This was the strategy of the MPLS-ICMP draft. Speaking for myself (and not
necessarily echoing the sentiments of the IESG), I can see the following
problem with this stragegy:

You might be tracing the tunnel because there is a break or loop somewhere
downstream of the point where the traceProbe timed out. In that case, there
is no hope of getting the traceResponse to the tail end of the tunnel.

                                            Ron