RE: Small issue on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-sdh-00.txt

Dear All,

Sorry I was confused, the original text of the draft is correct:

With any kind of ***contiguous*** concatenation there is one big signal, so
one and only one label (pointer) is needed (otherwise it is not a contiguous
concatenation). With any kind of virtual concatenation, there are several
VC's, so one label (pointer) per VC is needed. Even if all the VC's
virtually concatenated are contiguous (by coincidence) we still need to
identify each of them.

Arbitrary and standard concatenations are orthogonal with contiguous and
virtual concatenations.

Arbitrary means anything that is not standard.

We use a code to differentiate between standard and arbitrary contiguous
concatenation to avoid that a downstream node returns a timeslot at a
position not supported by the upstream node. The upstream node indicates the
number and types of signals to be concatenated and the downstream node
cannot change it (it can just accept or refuse).

We don't need a code to differentiate between standard versus arbitrary
virtual concatenation because there is no restriction anyway on the timeslot
positions that can return the downstream node. Again, the upstream node
indicates the number and types of signals to be concatenated and the
downstream node cannot change that (it can just accept or refuse). SDH 1996
restricts the virtual concatenation to some well defined signals, while SDH
2000 allows everything that make sense. But for the previous reasons we
don't need to differentiate between the two (thing about the reason why you
put a signaling element in a signaling message).

Agreed ?

Kind regards,

Eric