Is IETF redefining SONET/SDH?

Well... from some of the emails posted to a few of the subIP area WGs
it may seem like that. However, it should be clear to everyone that we are
not.

	It seems that the discussion is moving into that direction, but,
	let us be clear, we in the IETF shouldNOT be defining things
	that already have been defined or tried in the ITU. So we will not
	redefine SONET/SDH. We'd rather be in sync with what the ITU is
	defining in this area. It would be best to focus on defining the
> the use of signaling/routing protocols to do provisioning and
> restoration.

Bert and Scott