Re: GMPLS Message Structures

Mano,

>            Can someone tell me the message structure of Label Request and
>Label Mapping in GMPLS ?
>I am confused about the presence of LightPath Id in O-UNI messages and LSP
>Id in GMPLS messages ? Is there one-to-one mapping between these Ids or Is
>it like that both lightPath Id and LSP Id will be carried in GMPLS messages
>? LSP Id is not present in O-UNI messages. Can one LightPath Id be mapped
>multiple LSP Ids or vice versa ?

I think you mean Connection ID and LSP ID. A connection ID is an ID for
network connection, which may consist many LSPs. For example, the virtual
concatenation case.

A LSP may tunnel through multiple pre-established connections.

>Also, for waveband switching, the genralized label has the format
>(wavebandId - start label - end label).
>When the label request message is received on incoming interface, how to
>identify that the waveband label is requested ?
>Is it the LSP encoding type or some other parameter in label request
>message
>? If it is the Lambda encoding type then how to identify that whether a
>lambda or waveband label is requested ?
>
>Also, it is mentioned that wavebandId (32 bits) is selected by the sender
>and reused in all the subsequent messages. What all subsequent
>messages is it mentioning to ?
>
>Can wavebandId be present in Label Withdraw/Release messages ?
>
>I am not able to workout the message structures for GMPLS.

To me waveband label defined in GMPLS drafts is a joke. The reason to have
the waveband label is that someone claimed that the waveband's order might
flip when going through a switch. My suggestion is don't take it seriously.

>I am not sure how these drafts are at last call. Atleast it should mention
>the message structures of various messages.

Agree.

Regards,

Yuri