Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Eric,

I am serious. (See also my reply to Greg.)

You wrote:
> Note that GMPLS doesn't do something strange about AUG-X/STSG-X, TUG-X/VTG,
> they are defined in the standards, it is just a code type, like VC-4 or
> STM-1. By the way, AUG-X in GMPLS was asked by your own colleagues.

I have been asking for this AUG-X addition, with the assumption that I
would write a contribution to get G.783 extended with an additional
MSn/Sn_A function supporting this AUG-X feature... You find this once
more reflected in my email to Greg this morning.

AUG-X/STSG-X, TUG-X/VTG are not defined as signal types in SDH/SONET
standards at all. The STSG-X has been made a signal type by my company
some years ago to support the requirements of some specific customers.
It's proprietary so far.

But given the result of the discussions last week, I don't want to have
my requested feature treated any different than any other feature that I
have been argueing about (arbitrary concatenation, semi-transparent
STM-N). As this AUG-X feature is beyond current standards (in this case
G.783), it should be first addressed by Q.9/15 and then by G.ason/GMPLS
series of control plane specifications.
Up to that moment in time, it should be a vendor specific extension of
G.ason/GMPLS.

Regards,

Maarten
begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard