RE: Proposed text for the concatenation

Hello Juergen,

A few brief comments (at least I tried):

- We are not trying to find the minimum set of features that everybody
agreed on, we don't want neither to incorporate everything. We want to have
a reasonable set of features that matches the new SDH/SONET behaviors being
implemented in the new generation of equipment's.

- We are not designing the control plane to control only SDH/SONET as
defined by ITU-T and T1X1. We provide more control features than needed for
standardized SDH/SONET. It has no impact on those that want to use and
control strictly the standardized SDH/SONET.

- Some features don't need additional ITU-T or T1X1 standards, e.g.
transparency at the NNI. We already explained various scenarios where there
is no issue.

- We want to give the right to users and manufacturers to have their own
implementation agreements. If they don't want to be 100% compliant with the
ITU-T or T1X1 standard it is their right.

- About AUG/STS groups there is absolutely nothing new needed in SDH/SONET
to use it. That belongs to the new behaviors that we are defining. The GMPLS
behaviors are not defined in G.783. G.783 is a functional description, we
take a lot of freedom with it since we want to use signaling and routing
protocols.

What text do you propose for the draft ?

Is the following revised text acceptable:

--- proposed new section:

X. Relationship with SDH and SONET standards

Some of the features described in this specification are not defined neither
in ANSI T1.105 (1995 and 2000), nor in ITU-T G.707 (1996 and 2000). However,
these features are useful and implemented in many equipment's. All these
features are optional but can be controlled using this specification.

These features are: arbitrary contiguous concatenation, flexible arbitrary
contiguous concatenation and transparency. They have been addressed in the
relevant sections of this specification.

---------- End of text

Kind regards,

Eric