Re: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Eric et all,

For each feature which is not defined by the ITU-T or the ANSI T1,
we could add a footnote refering to the following text: "this
feature is not defined either in ANSI T1 or in ITU-T Standards".

In addition to the proposed proposed text (see below), we could
add under parenthesis in which section each of these features are
defined within the draft.

--- proposed new section:

X. Relationship with SDH and SONET standards

Some of the features described in this specification are not defined
either in ANSI T1.105 (1995 and 2000), or in ITU-T G.707 (1996 and
2000). However, these features are useful and implemented in many
equipment's. All these features are optional but can be controlled
using this specification.

These features are: arbitrary contiguous concatenation, flexible
arbitrary contiguous concatenation and transparency. They have been
addressed in the relevant sections of this specification.

---

With the added text, everything gets our agreement.

Regards,
Dimitri.

> "Ong, Lyndon" wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It cannot be "proprietary" in the sense that you still need at least 2
> sets of people to implement it,
> if only 1 person implements it that will cause it to be removed.  You
> could argue that this may lead to a
> feature that is weak and not useful because only a few implement it
> (and of course this NEVER
> happens with ITU-T specs ;o) but not that it is proprietary as in 1
> vendor only.
>
> Marking the document to show where something is not (currently!) in
> the ITU standard seems like
> a fair solution, and we can put this discussion to bed.  If on the
> other hand there is a technical
> concern, this should be expressed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lyndon

begin:vcard
n:Dimitri;Papadimitriou Dimitri
tel;home:+32 2 3434361
tel;work:+32 3 2408491
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Bell;IPO NSG - Antwerpen
version:2.1
email;internet:dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be
title:Optical Networking R&S - Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Francis Wellesplein, 1=0D=0AB-2018 Antwerpen;;;;BELGIUM
fn:Papadimitriou Dimitri
end:vcard