RE: GMPLS Last Calls

Tom, Yakov,

I agree with you. Although, in all fairness to Gerry, I don't think by
"invited" he meant literally that people should be called in to put
their names on drafts (any drafts, not just GMPLS ones) simply because they
happen to be working for a service provider.
I think what he meant was that more service providers should be involved in
the discussions for various GMPLS features.

I think the point Gerry raised is a good one, and this can always be done
via the MPLS and CCAMP lists. (The current drafts are, in fact, weighted
very heavily in favor of contributors who come from the vendor community,
with one, perhaps two, exceptions.)

Service providers can, however,  certainly provide their inputs over the list
and
initiate constructive discussion about features
of GMPLS signaling that they would like included in the current signaling
drafts
(and features of routing that they would like to see in forthcoming routing
drafts). I believe it would be very useful to get some SP input to ensure that
their operational needs are met and that they can transition to using this
work, since they, after all, are the ones who will use
the protocols.

-Vishal