Re: [T1X1.5] RE: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Zhi-Wei,

First of all, I hope that you agree that having this exchange is a good
indication that this is a "fair and open process".  I'm surprised that this
should be in question, given that we progress via consensus (OK, "rough"
consensus) like many other standards bodies.

Secondly, part of the problem is that I would interpret "proprietary" as
meaning "exclusive", that is, intending to have exclusive control over some
technology (close to the dictionary definition).  I believe you interpret
"proprietary"
as something that has not been commonly defined in ITU (or other accredited
bodies).
Maybe "non-standard" would be a more neutral term.

Something like the arbitrary concatenation we have been talking about is,
I think, the latter case - it is not exclusive technology, but it is
relatively
new and not everyone has taken advantage of it.  Our goal should be to
achieve interoperability for such features, not to prohibit them.  Agreeing
in common on how to identify them in signaling seems like a good step.

Cheers,

Lyndon