RE: Last call - RSVP problems

Hi Jonathan,

One point to consider is that the signaling control
channel might be realized over a different link layer
than LMP. For example, LMP might be running in-fiber
over SONET/SDH overhead bytes, while RSVP is running
over an out-of-band network such a shared Ethernet.
RSVP Hello allows independent detection of signaling
channel failure, so it's a useful option to keep.

Thanks,
Dimitris

Dimitris Pendarakis
Tellium, Inc.