RE: Last call - RSVP problems

Dimitris,
  The RSVP Hello Extension is intended to detect node failures and not
necessarily link (control channel) failures.  In particular, the tunnel
draft says, "It should be noted that node failure detection is not the same
as a link failure detection mechanism, particularly in the case of multiple
parallel unnumbered links."  What happens if you want redundant control
channels for control-channel resiliency?  I believe you would still want a
mechanism to detect control channel (link-layer) failures.

  In LMP, you can have multiple active control channels between a pair of
nodes.  You can configure control channels over shared Ethernet and over
SONET/SDH overhead, etc.  You send keep-alive Hellos over each control
channel.  If you so desire, you can send all signaling messages over the
Ethernet control channels.  You can also choose to send all remaining LMP
messages over the SONET/SDH-based control channels.  Keeping RSVP Hellos as
"optional" would be fine.  Making them mandatory doesn't seem like the right
solution.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S.  Should we move this discussion on the OIF list??