Re: [IP-Optical] Re: Proposed text for the concatenation

Hi Eric,

Some comments:

> Let's be democratic as you said, my notion of democracy is not to remove
> these two features from the draft because your don't implement them.

I never said to remove because I don't implement, nor did I ever say I
implement. You're jumping to conclusions. Let's all take your advice and
calm down. What I meant (and everyone can have their own interpretations
of some of my analogies) was that given the discussions of why something
is in and why we include and what the implications for the
interoprability, then we need to be precise and provide description of
the criteria for inclusion and provide adequate means to allow
interoperability.

Rob's suggestion of having two separate documents make sense, and is ONE
way forward. You might have other suggestions that may equally make
sense.

> We said *many* times that we didn't want to include all features from all
> manufacturers but just as small set of basic features that seems to be
> interesting for the industry. The proof is that you don't have in the draft

Again, in terms of metrics, what is considered "interesting for the
industry"? By the vendor community or the carrier community? I just want
us to be clear...no more, no less....

> You are trying to present this work as if it was made and decided by a small
> set of people, that's not right and not fair. The fact is that you didn't
> pay attention to it and came very late into the process trying to impose
> your own ideas to the group. We had exactly the same kind of discussion
> since more than two months with your colleagues one by one, I guess this is
> part of your strategy.

Again, please don't jump to conclusions and stay calm. I didn't mean to
criticize, maybe I did use some analogies to the extreme, but seems
everyone's temper was at edge...As to paying attention to the work,
etc., we all know how much discussion about adding features goes on on
the public email. Not to criticize anyone, but just stating a fact. I
also remember that this is been discussed continuously for a few months
as well, so it's not something that was simply started now. Maybe the
realization about the implications of adding this was something that
came to light for a few people, including myself...

And I'm not strategizing to take over the world...far from it, I'm
terrible at playing strategy or role-playing games... :-(

> We proposed, as requested by your colleagues, to make a distinction between
> what is defined in SDH/SONET and what is not. I agreed that's a good idea to
> clarify the draft. In addition, these two mechanisms are 100% optional. Now
> of course you want more, you want to remove everything (that's what you call
> democracy). Obviously, you don't want to reach a consensus, does it worth to
> continue these discussions ?

I don't see what I said would trigger you to say that I want to "remove
everything"? All I've tried to do is to try to inject some of my logic
into this discussion (obviously I failed miserably), by laying out the
rationales, and then deciding. This was based on all the back-and-forth
volleying of "standard, non-standard, proprietary" discussions.

Zhi