draft-many-optical-restoration-00

Hi Dimitri,
       a  comment on the draft in the subject, is not completely clear to me why
is  needed  to  know  if there are lambda converter in OXC. OXC as stated in the
previous  chapter  are  OEO  devices  and thus are always able to perform lambda
conversion.
The architecture I have in mind for OXC is:

|\                 /|--|------|--|\
| |               | |--|      |--| |
| |---------------| |--| OXC  |--| |------//--------
| |               | |--|      |--| |
|/                 \|--|------|--|/
A                  B       C      D

Here DWDM B performs:
Demultiplexing of the received channels
OEO conversion with transponder
At  this  point  usually  the  signal  is  grey the optical matrix perform cross
connection.
DWDM  D  receives  grey signal on its interfaces and then using transponder puts
the grey signal on the right lambda.
So  is  always  possible  to  convert  an  incoming let's say green lambda in an
outgoing blue lambda by the means of OEO performed by DWDM transponder.

Another  thing  that is not very clear to me is the use of tunable lasers. Could
you please clarify better this point?

Best regards.

Diego.