Re: Suggested Label Doubt

Please see my response in line.

> > > In my understanding, the purpose of "suggested label" is to speed up circuit
> > > connection procedure by letting the upstream node to specify a label rather than
> > > following the conventional MPLS signaling procedure that receiving the label in
> > > the response.
> > >
> > > My questions are:
> > >
> > > (1) From a protocol design perspective, what's the benefit to suggest something
> > > that could be declined?
> >
> > The benefit is in optimizing the likely.  As you point out below, it is likely
> > that the suggestion will be accepted, therefore - for the optimization reason
> > that you mention above (connection speedup) - it makes sense to allow the
> > 'suggestion'.
> >

> The key is that the likely is not likely in optical network.
>
> Basically, "suggested label" adds the local negotiation capability.
> Therotically, it's a good idea. But it's not necessary in the optical network.

It is completely waste for bidirectional LSPs in TDM networks. In TDM networks,
the label must be same and current draft (OIF) specifies that the upstream
lable should be same as Suggested label. It should be really made optional
so that if an upstream node wants to suggest, then it has freedom to do so.

Thanks,
Suresh