Re: Suggested Label Doubt

Suresh,

    I suspect that you're hitting close to the heart of the issue.
It is arguable that suggested label is redundant in the TDM case -
simply because it is intended to be the same.  Clearly this is not
going to be the case in other technologies within the GMPLS scope.
A major objective of GMPLS is to develop common signaling for a
number of technologies.  There is no reason not to include a
suggested label in a label request, even if it is redundant and it
may be needed when it is not redundant.

    The suggested label is optional in all cases.

--
Eric Gray