From: Diego Caviglia [mailto:Diego.Caviglia@marconi.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 6:19 AM
To: petera@nortelnetworks.con; ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Cc: Giovanni Fiaschi
Subject: Optical impairments in draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04

Peter ,all,

           a  comment  about  draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04.  In
the
draft  there is the label set object that is very useful in All optical
networks
with  CI-incapable  nodes  but  lambda  conversion  is  only one of the
problems
related  to  path  establishment  in  such networks.  I mean what about OSNR
and
non-linear  impairments? What about gain variation and power equalization?
Where
are covered these topic?

If  I  can  find  a  path  feasible from the lambda continuity point of view
who
assure me that I have the needed Q at the end of the all optical path?

Best regards.

Diego Caviglia
Photonic Networks Design and Modelling
E-mail: diego.caviglia@marconi.com