Re: Optical impairments in draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-04

Diego,

As indicated by the document that Ayan pointed to you, there are many constrains
for the optical networking. These constrains can be considered at network
planning time, path selection time (routing using OSPF-TE/ISIS-TE) or connection
setup time(GMPLS signaling). When a constrain is considered is an engineering
issue. We just have to figure out when and where is the best and cheapest to
consider a constrain. To wavelength conversion, GMPLS signaling is a good place
to handle.

Thanks,

Yangguang