From: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org]On Behalf Of
John Drake
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 6:58 AM
To: 'Heiles Juergen'; 'Yangguang Xu'; Diego Caviglia
Cc: Ayan Banerjee; ccamp@ops.ietf.org; Giovanni Fiaschi
Subject: RE: Optical impairments in draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-signaling-
04

Announcing wavelength availability information in routing doesn't work
because of the flooding traffic it would generate, plus there are still race
conditions that would have to be handled by signalling anyway.  Label set
was intended to support wavelength continuity issues.

Also, in the short term, we're dealing with transponder based interfaces to
the DWDM systems so this is a non-issue.  In the longer term, this is just
another issue like PMD and OSNR that will need to be dealt with.