Question

Hi.

    My understanding of IETF policy is that the mailing lists are
required to be public.  This is necessary in order for someone who
is posting to such a list to be able to determine who might be a
recipient.

    This turns out to be a fair and important requirement based on
recent discussions concerning 'cross-posting'.  I would like to
be able to determine - on my own - whether or not there is in
fact a large cross-section in common between this mailing list
and the mailing list for MPLS.  I would also like to be able to
explicitly detemine who is 'missing' from each list.  This is very
useful when - for example - I discover that I (or someone else)
has inadvertently posted to the wrong list and I do not want to
send duplicate messages.

    Please advise how I am supposed to be able to do this if you
have disabled the 'who' command for this public mailing list?

--
Eric Gray