Re: Bi-directional LSPs Incompatibility

> Hi All,
>         There is some incompatibility in documents of OIF
> (oif2000.125.5) and IETF (draft-ietf-mpls-generalized-rsvp-te-03.txt)
> related to bidirectional LSPs. OIF's O-UNI document says [docId
> oif2000.125.5, page 93 Figure 12-1] the destination UNI-C must
> insert a RESV_CONFIRM object in the RESV message and should wait for
> ResvConf message before start transmitting data.
> But, the IETF document says the terminator node process path message
> as usual with the exception that the upstream label can immediately be
> used to transport data traffic associated with the LSP upstream towards
> the initiator.
>
> Please Help.
>
> Regards,
> manoj.

I don't see a problem in this case.  Having the two ends more
constrained than the middle as to when a circuit can be considered in
service doesn't seem to present a problem.

But my personal opinion is that the RESV Conf should be optional for
the UNI.

...George

George Swallow       Cisco Systems                   (978) 244-8143
                     250 Apollo Drive
                     Chelmsford, Ma 01824