RE: Optical Link Interface

[Bilel Jamoussi] There is no fiasco -- The ISPs and carriers I have been talking to view this as a very healthy and competitive approach to have a scalable and robust solution(s). Traffic Engineering an IP network (the only application where RSVP-TE is deployed today) is a very narrow segment of the MPLS/GMPLS applications market.

        Not exactly. I think that we want a scalable and
robust *standard* and competitive implementations,
not competing standards. Remember Beta vs. VHS? That
is a good example of what happens when you get the
latter: consumer confusion and inevitably wasted money
and effort on the part of both the consumer and the
vendor. :(  I think that the ADs are right here: lets
settle on a single solution soon. I would opt for LMP
and LMP-WDM for the reasons already espoused.

        --Tom