Re: Queries regarding LMP.

Rajesh,

> > Q3) Destination address can be multicast or any valid IP address of
> > destination node (most likely the NodeID of the destination node).
>
> If it is the Node ID of the neighbour then how does one find it
> without manual configuration ?? Is it with the help of an IGP
> such as OSPF ? We would like to automate things as much as
> possible.

Initial Config message will go out on a multicast address.
This makes it easy for initial communication.

All other messages will be addressed to Node ID.
Section 9 of OIF2000.125.5. clairifies this issues.

This may change again if Node ID is
not be a routable IP address. It should be really the source
IP address of the Config message to whom you should send
your LMP messages.

Thanks,
Suresh