From: Kireeti Kompella [mailto:kireeti@juniper.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 9:57 PM
To: jamoussi@nortelnetworks.com; kireeti@juniper.net;
osama@nortelnetworks.com
Cc: bon@nortelnetworks.com; ccamp@ops.ietf.org;
vasants@nortelnetworks.com
Subject: RE: Optical Link Interface

Hi Osama,

> Even though I don't think reviving CR-LDP and RSVP-TE history will get
us
> anywhere

"Those who forget (ignore) history are doomed to repeat it."

Yes, it makes for painful recollections.  We're living with the
consequences now, though, and I don't want to again.

> the existence of two protocols here have proven to be useful.

That's not what I'm hearing, either from customers, or from the
WG (admittedly, the sample is small).

Listen carefully: I don't want LMP-WDM and NTIP moving forward.
Just NTIP (or NTIP and LMP) is OKAY if that is what the WG
consensus is.  LMP-WDM and LMP works too.

So: you've got the WG chairs (scarred and grumpy), the ADs
and TA (speak up if I'm misrepresenting you), and customers
saying, Pick one protocol and move forward.  Let's do that.
And, please, as Vijay says, let's resolve this already.

Kireeti.