RE: Question on GMPLS contentions resolution

Guangzhi

The GMPLS contention resolution applies to the scenario
that two Path messages cross each other.  Your example
have Resv and Path cross each other so the rule in the
contention resolution does not directly apply and is more
of a policy and implementation issue.

Here is one possible solution and is within the
interpretation of the draft, IMHO. here it is.
If node 2 already sends Resv to node 1, LSP A should
be considered established and therefore LSP B should
be rejected by node 2. If node 2 hasn't sent back Resv,
LSP A is still in establishing mode and node 2 can resolve
the contention internally by rejecting LSP A or LSP B, based
on their setting up priority or it can change LSP A's
label and reprogram the cross-connect without ever noticed
by any external node.  In both cases, node 2 is the one
that resolve this contention.  Hope this helps.

p.s. I think you meant to use LABEL_SET since
Suggested label is a suggestion, not a hard binding.

Regards
-Fong