RE: FW: Questions on draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-00

Yakov,

> > Can you clarify whether you are proposing removing the
COMPONENT_IF_UPSTREAM
> > TLV from the INTERFACE_ID hop object (or were you just saying that Steve
> > needn't use it if he doesn't want to)?
>
> I am proposing to remove the COMPONENT_IF_UPSTREAM.

In this case, am I right in thinking it makes sense to remove
COMPONENT_IF_DOWNSTREAM too, and signal the (single) component interface
identifier, in the IPv4, IPv6 or IF_INDEX TLV?

We'd be interested to hear if anyone on the mailing list finds this approach
overly restrictive.

Ed.

> Can you clarify whether you are proposing removing the
COMPONENT_IF_UPSTREAM
> TLV from the INTERFACE_ID hop object (or were you just saying that Steve
> needn't use it if he doesn't want to)?

I am proposing to remove the COMPONENT_IF_UPSTREAM.

Yakov.