RE: Questions regarding draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-00.txt (LMP)

Nidhi,
  Sorry for the delay in responding.  Please see inline.

Thanks,
Jonathan

I will add the following to the next rev of the draft:
"The node may stop sending Hello messages after HelloDeadInterval seconds
have passed, or if it receives an LMP message over the same control channel
with the ControlChannelDown flag set."

> Also I have a question regarding the reconfig event. When the reconfig
> event is generated, do we always send the config message regardless of
> neighbours node id. Or we will only send config is our node if is greater
> than neighbours. Do we need to stop the hello protocol before doing the
> renegotiation?
Yes, you can send the config message (regardless of neighbor's node ID) if
you want to reconfig.  You can continue sending the Hello protocol.

> Lastly when the control channel reboots, we are expected to come back to
> the UP state and resume Hello protocol. Shouldn't we be doing a config
> procedure again. Does the node reboot bit in the common header represents
the
> node reboot or the control channel reboot?
You should do a config procedure again.  The node reboot bit has been
renamed to LMP Restart to indicate that the LMP module has restarted.