Re: OSPF-GMPLS-EXTN MIB

At 12:55 PM 9/21/2001 -0400, Irfan Lateef wrote:
>Tom,
>
>I should have read this draft more closely, but thanks for pointing
>to the tables which links the pieces to together. I does the job well.
>
>However I have a few comments.
>
>1. As mentioned in section.3 of the draft "bundled link is another kind of
>TE link"
>     and the MIB does indeed address other kinds of links( like GMPLS links
>     not necessaryly using a bundling concept). The title of the draft
>deserves a
>     reconsideration which encompasses the a generalized notion. Let me cut
>the story
>     short, consider renaming it "TE GMPLS and Bundled Link Mgmt MIB" or
>something.

         The name was chosen to reflect the draft that it
models objects for. The working group accepted the document
named as it is.

>2. The MIB ideally models the bundling concept and the GMPLS attributes
>seems to
>     be an after thought, I understand the necessity to re-use the existing
>stuff. From a
>    GMPLS point of view, the attributes appear to be scattered around four
>different
>     tables. I am not sure how you may want to do it. But there is need to
>group them to together in someway.

         Please point out where you think there are deficiencies and
how you would like us to resolve them.

>My suggestion is, there can be a conformance
>group "GMPLS link group" similar to linkBundlingGroup which can help is
>identifying how the MIB can be used to model GMPLS links which are not
>ecessaryly bundled.

         I don't understand how a conformance group can
help in this regard. Conformance groups are used to
point out which objects must be supported and which
are optional (and under what circumstances).

>3. Some description about the relationship with OSPF MIB can help.

         Will do.

>4. Although the draft  does point to [GMPLS-OSPF] in sec.3 but a explicit
>sentence in
>    section.2 like "The same objects can also be used to model GMPLS links
>    and their attributes as defined [GMPLS-OSPF]", would great help.

         Okay.

         --Tom