Re: Moving right along ...

Zhi-Wei Lin wrote:

>  From what I recall, one of the cases that I was having difficulty
> seeing was how a source LSR control plane failed, how the states were
> recovered. Since in this case, the Path message defined for restart cap
> is only going downstream and not upstream to recover the upstream
> (source) node.

At headend, it's more like a number of routes maps to each LSP to
forward traffic. After a headend restart, the downstream nodes will feed
the allocated labels to the headend router. Now depending on your
implementation, the route-label mapping could be recovered. However,
graceful restart is used to recover GMPLS operation only, but is not a
magic pill to recover other functions in the network, such as route
recovery, config recovery.... IMHO, this applied to all nodes in the
network. I would like to see different tools used to recover different
things on every node.

I don't see why GMPLS graceful restart does not work.

- Ping