Re: Generalized Signaling - LSP Encoding Type expansion

Monica,

    I believe this is both the crux of the argument and the point at which
people keep arguing past each other.  Some people would like to see a
unified transport control plane while other would like to see an IP control
plane for transport networks.  These would be very different goals.

    If you'll bear with an analogy for a moment, imagine that you were to set
out to design a bicycle.  Now along comes somebody that says - "hey,  it
looks like you've got a pretty good start on a design for an all terrain vehicle;
all you need to do is add this, change that and bing, bang, boom - we have
an ATV."  That would be just fine, provided you didn't have any particular
reason to be designing a bicycle.  But, assuming what you really wanted was
a bicycle, this somebody could not be looked on as being helpful, could they?

--
Eric Gray (mailto:eric.gray@sandburst.com)
http://www.mindspring.com/~ewgray